Launched in March of 2010, Pinterest’s growth is phenomenal, reaching 10 million unique visitors faster than any other website. Pinterest is one of the top ten...
Top Outlets for Social Media Marketing Services
Now that we’ve gone over the Big 5 Social Media Marketing Services outlets and why you should be using them, it’s time to get down to the nitty-gritty. I’m going to hone in on a few more social media platforms that can help boost your Social Media Marketing Services. Why do you need more, you ask? Because if your target customer isn’t tweeting or pinning or falling down a Youtube hole, you’re not reaching them. And Social Media Marketing Services are about reaching the customer where they’re at. Give these platforms a try:
1 Instagram: All the Pretty Pictures
- What Is It: A photo-based, mobile-first social media site
- Who Uses It: 200 million users, 57% engaging daily, 53% under 29
- How to Engage On It: Post photos with text overlays and branded hashtags
What Not to Do: ?Don’t post without a caption and don’t overuse hashtags.
2 LinkedIn: Business Club, No Shorts Allowed
- What Is It: Networking site for business community professionals
- Who Uses It: 300 million users, 100 million over the age of 50
- How to Engage On It: Make a company profile, start a group, and blog
What Not to Do: ?Don’t say anything here that you wouldn’t say at a business meeting
3 Vine: Twitter in Video Form
- What Is It: A short, 6-second, looping video sharing site
- Who Uses It: 40 million users, 31.8% of which are teens
- How To Engage On It: Make a video, use time lapse, be original, and share
What Not to Do: ?Don’t complicate your message. Keep it super simple.
4 Tumblr: Where All the Cool Kids Are
- What Is It: Microblogging, social networking site
- Who Uses It: 420 million users with 225 million blogs, 50% of users under 25
- How to Engage On It: Use humor, gifs, and memes to appeal and fit in
What Not to Do: ?Don’t try too hard. Seriously. Cool people hate that.
5 Reddit: Every Niche Frontpage In Existence
- What Is It: Community-controlled news, entertainment, and social site
- Who Uses It: 174 million users on 6000 subreddits
- How To Engage On It: Subscribe to relevant subreddits, contribute, and do an AMA
What Not to Do: ?Don’t market to reddit. They will tear you apart.
Social Media Marketing Success
The rules for being successful on social media are similar to those for being successful in life:
- Be genuine. Don’t try too hard. Be yourself.
- Be gentle. Let your audience find you. Don’t be pushy.
- Be generous. Give and you shall receive. Engage.
Whether you’re joining the sea of gifs on Tumblr or wading into one of the thousands of subreddits on Reddit, you can find a way to meet your customers where they’re at. Unlike traditional digital marketing, which is relatively impersonal, Social Media Marketing allows you to engage with targets one-on-one. This can nab you loyal customers who won’t ditch you for your competitor at the drop of a hat.
Being willing to engage with your customers on a variety of social media platforms is a great way to find hard-to-reach targets. Don’t let a complicated-looking layout intimidate you. Take the time to learn how to use the site so that you can use it to its fullest potential. And if you’re overwhelmed, don’t fret. Social media marketing services professionals can help do the work for you.